Re: st: xtlogit with fe for rare events

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit with fe for rare events
Date   Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:19:42 -0400

Marc Peters <>:
That is appropriate--if you think there is unobserved heterogeneity
that calls for -xtlogit, fe- or -clogit- then you need to drop the
cases with no variation in outcomes. You have a small sample (of cases
with variation in outcomes)--better to accept that fact. You can
cluster SE in a pooled -logit- as well, but you will get biased point
estimates from -logit- in the case that the assumptions for -xtlogit,
fe- are met.