st: xtlogit with fe for rare events

From   Marc Peters <>
Subject   st: xtlogit with fe for rare events
Date   Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:07:34 +0200

Dear all,

I am running logistic regressions with CSTS data using Statas xtlogit
with fixed effects. My dependent variable is quite rare and 2/3 of all
the groups do not have any positive outcomes during the 20 years I
have in my dataset. As a consequence all these groups are excluded and
I end up with a relatively small sample. I wonder if you have any
suggestions on how to improve the model? Are there any way to
circumvent this problem, but still cluster the standard errors?