st: unbalanced panel-industry level data

From   Pradeepta Sethi <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: unbalanced panel-industry level data
Date   Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:24:21 +0530

I am calculating capital structure at Industry level. For this, I have
an unbalanced panel . The panel consists of different firms in
different year for the same industry group. e.g. Say for chemical
industry I have data on investment of A,B,C firm for 2001, C,D,E firm
for 2002 and F, G, H firm for 2003..  and so on.  From this, how can I
get a single value of investment for chemical industry for each year
2001, 2002, 2003..  from these A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H firms.
Warm regards