st: Count variables and growth curves

From   Brendan Churchill <Brendan.Churchill@utas.edu.au>
Subject   st: Count variables and growth curves
Date   Thu, 28 Jun 2012 06:04:50 +0000

Hi Statalist users

I’m working on a growth curve model to explain attitudinal changes over time.  I have noticed that when I include independent count variables like income or hours that my intercept dramatically increases – beyond what would seem normal. Can you help me out with what this might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!