st: RE: exact matches in propensity score matching

From   "Yang, Yong" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: exact matches in propensity score matching
Date   Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:33:23 +0000

STATA code I am using is as followings, but do not know how to restrict them within industry and same year.

psmatch2  exporter employees employees2 capital capital2 industry_* year_*, out(sales) common  neighbor(1)

I really appreciate your time and advice.

Thank you in advance.

From: Yang, Yong
Sent: 22 June 2012 18:19
To: ''
Subject: RE: exact matches in propensity score matching

Dear Stata users,

I am using propensity score matching estimator to find matched exporters and domestic firms, and estimate the sales differences between them.

However, I not sure how to restrict matched exporter and domestic firms in the same industry and same year in the matching exercise?  I want to match an exporter A with domestic firm B who have smallest propensity score difference and they have to be in same industry and appear in the same year.

Do you have any suggestion on this ?

Best regards