st: seqlogit with repeated observations

From   rs.net@me.com
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: seqlogit with repeated observations
Date   Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:38:36 +0100

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for your response.

I didn't quite understand when you said 'implicit dependent variable'. The example you gave is the exact problem I have with my dataset, albeit with the repeated case in the second step. It is a binomial outcome in all stages, except in the second stage 1s can be repeated.

I hope I am making sense. I am a little confused as far as the significance of the second stage is concerned and its implementation in the sequential setup when the decision to pay dividend multiple times is expected to have a more significant effect on the response variables than a firm that pays dividend only once.

Regards,
Rohit