Re: st: seqlogit with repeated observations

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: seqlogit with repeated observations
Date   Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:10:48 +0100

On Wed, Jun 20 2012, wrote:

> Hello members of Statalist,
> I have a query concerning my dataset. I am convinced that I have to use
> a sequential logit model to address the nature of the dataset, but one
> stage of the sequence has repeated observations. Hence, I am not sure if
> using a sequential logit model through the seqlogit function in Stata is
> the right way to go about my problem. Let me detail the data a little
> below:

Maarten can answer you with more detail, but I would imagine the
repeated events issue can be dealt with by either clustering on firm-id,
via -logit ..., cluster(firmid)- or -xtlogit-. Note that the model
estimated by -seqlogit- can be estimated by restructuring the data and
fitting individual logits, so incorporating the cluster() option or
-xtlogit- should be easy. There is a simple example at
 -- see section 5.3.4.

That said, I'm not convinced that your implicit dependent variable is
necessarily suited to sequential logit.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology