Re: st: SEM with bootstrapping for analysis of mediation

From   William Buchanan <william@williambuchanan.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: SEM with bootstrapping for analysis of mediation
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:06:23 -0700

Hi Neeraj,

The program that you mentioned is typed out explicitly for you on the site that you referenced:

program indireff, rclass
  sem (read <- math)(science <- read math)
  estat teffects
  mat bi = r(indirect)
  mat bd = r(direct)
  mat bt = r(total)
  return scalar indir  = el(bi,1,3)
  return scalar direct = el(bd,1,3)
  return scalar total  = el(bt,1,3)
end

Copy the syntax (with appropriate substitution of variable names and returned scalars) and save it as indireff.ado in your Personal directory of your Stata installation, then run it the same way that they outlined on the website.  If you have difficulty with things, you should look at the programming manual and the material about referencing individual elements in matrices (so you can pull out the correct scalars).

HTH,
Billy