st: xtivreg2 vs xtreg

From   mai7777 <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: xtivreg2 vs xtreg
Date   Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:41:26 +0200

My understanding is that absent endogenous variables and singletons,
xtivreg2 & xtreg should give identical results. Yet, I get different
std. errors and as a result t-stats,  (coefficients are identical).
Both regs are using the same exact number of observations. Including
the "small" option for xtivreg does not make a difference.