st: From: ming li <>

Subject   st: From: ming li <>
Date   Sun, 17 Jun 2012 08:56:00 +0800

Dear statalist,

I'm working on a paper about people's donation behavior after an
earthquake. Most of the dependent variable (total amount donated)
clusters at values like 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, etc. I think this
is largely caused by currency values. Therefore it seems not
appropriate to treat it as a continuous variable. Do you have any
suggestions about what should I do when dealing with such kind of
data? I really appreciate your kind help!