Re: st: making srting variable similar across files

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: making srting variable similar across files
Date   Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:05:24 +0100

Don't expect a quick fix here. Hofstadter's Law applies.'s_law

Your title applies: There could be lots of cases in which "srting"
should be really be "string".

More specific advice (.pdf accessible after -search, herrin author- or
-search poen, author-):

SJ-8-3  dm0039  . . .  Stata tip 64: Cleaning up user-entered string variables
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  J. Herrin and E. Poen
        Q3/08   SJ 8(3):444--445                                 (no commands)
        tip on how to clean up user-entered string variables