st: making srting variable similar across files

From   Prakash Singh <prakashbhu@gmail.com>
Subject   st: making srting variable similar across files
Date   Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:34:54 +0530

Hello all
I am looking for some kind of ado file or command which can help me
combining two files where country names (common variable in two data
file of string natrure) are written differently as the source of data
is different. I got one ppt written by Sergiy Radyakin with subject
Data cleaning in Stata using internet search engines while searching
on net. Can any one tell me is there any command or ado file available
for this purpose for stata 10, as I could not understand the
presentation and remedies provided.

Thanks
Prakash