st: markdown

From   "Airey, David C" <david.airey@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject   st: markdown
Date   Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:34:25 -0500

.

I was just playing around with Rstudio (I use Stata and R) and its new
markdown capability (dependent on knitr and other packages). The point
I wanted to make is that it is now *easy* to produce very nice HTML reports,
without knowing LaTeX. This is one feature that Stata seems relatively
behind with--dynamic reporting.

Over the years we have seen various solutions, some quite intricate,
and we know the -file- command can create any markup output, but that
is not easy as one click "knitting" in RStudio. I have used the very nice
texdoc command in Stata. It has been brought up before that Stata Corp
might make it easier to use light markup languages for report generation
(markdown, reST).

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0020
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457021.html
http://www.rstudio.org/docs/authoring/using_markdown