st: graphing in STATA and multilevel multinomial analysis

From   Rosie Chen <>
Subject   st: graphing in STATA and multilevel multinomial analysis
Date   Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:58:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all, I have two questions and would appreciate any advice.

(1) In Propensity score analysis, if I create histograms to check logit distributions by treatment status to look at the common support, I can look at one treatment at a time by using the following syntax: histogram logitfortreatment1,  by(treatmentcategory, col(1))

My question is: how can I add in the line indicating common support? Is there a way to do it in STATA? If not, how to do it manually?

(2) If I run a multilevel multinomial analysis in STATA, how to incorporate the weight variable for the first level of data? I used the syntax below, but got an error message saying that probability weight variables not found. Any advice? Thank you.

gllamm outcome X1 X2...., link (mlogit) fam(binom) i(schoolid) pweight(finalwgt)
*probability weight variables not found