Re: st: Alternative to coefficient of variation (CV)/relative standard error as a measure of estimate's reliability/stability

From   David Radwin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Alternative to coefficient of variation (CV)/relative standard error as a measure of estimate's reliability/stability
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution. I personally agree with your criticism of a one-size-fits-all solution, but that is the sort of statistic I am seeking nonetheless. I would very much appreciate suggestions, however imperfect they may be, from other Statalisters.

Incidentally, an even more thorny situation is when the estimate is zero or close to zero, perhaps because it has been mean-deviated (demeaned) or is a measure of change when there is no change. Then the CV is undefined or essentially infinity!

David
--
David Radwin
Senior Research Associate