st: Problem with reshaping dataset

From   Amal Khanolkar <Amal.Khanolkar@ki.se>
Subject   st: Problem with reshaping dataset
Date   Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:44:32 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to reshape a dataset from wide to long format.

The id variable is called 'lopnr'

And time is specified in years (1980 to 2000) and is called 'year'

I tried the following:

reshape long, i(lopnr) j(year)

This above doesn't work. The error I get is: 'year contains all missing values'.

Do I need to specify any other varibales after long in the command line??

Thanks,

/Amal.