Re: st: Interval Censored Data Formatting and Intcens

Subject   Re: st: Interval Censored Data Formatting and Intcens
Date   Sat, 2 Jun 2012 21:17:39 -0400

You are asked in the FAQ to say where you obtained unofficial commands.
-intcens- can be downloaded from SSC.

You say you want to transfer the structure of your data to Stata, but you
don't show that structure, so we have to guess. I'm guessing that your basic
data looked something like that after the input statement below ( "wide form").
If not, it might look something like the listed data after the -reshape- command
(below), the "long form" If not that either, then you will have to put  your data into one of the two forms.

For the wide form: let i = 1,3,13, 21 index
coses and let statusi = observation just after dose i

= 1 if death after dose i
= 0 if no death after dose i
= . no dose i given

*************CODE BEGINS*************
input id status1 status3 status13 status21
1 0 1 . .
2 0 0 1 .
3 0 0 0 1
4 0 0 . 1
5 0 . . 0
end

reshape long status, i(id) j(dose)
drop if status==.
list, sepby(id)  // long form

egen event = max(status), by(id)
gen t1 = dose if status==1

bysort id: gen t0 = dose[_n-1] if status==1
bysort id: keep if _n==_N
replace t0 = dose if t0==.
list id t0 t1 status
***********CODE ENDS***************

This is an interesting application of -intcens-, but
two points concern me.

1. You apparently applied 2+
doses to the each subject. If the effect of former
dosing persists in any way, then the probability
of an event will not depend only on current dose.

2. Dosing in groups could result in dependent

I am curious: Can you provide a methodological
reference for this design?

Steve
[email protected]