st: Survival analysis

From   Ozgur Ozdemir <>
To   Stata <>
Subject   st: Survival analysis
Date   Sat, 2 Jun 2012 22:47:51 +0000

I am using Stata 10 and my dataset looks like below;

DirectorId, CompanyId, Sex, Role, Date, QuarterId (starting from 1965)

The data is on calendar dates, but if a row does not repeat for a new quarter, then it means the previous reported role ended. I am not sure what is the easiest way of organizing the data for survival analysis. Do I need to add the quarters which did not have the role one by one? or any Stata command can do it easily?
kind regards
Ozgur Ozdemir

Skype : ozgurozdemir2005