Re: st: RE: plotting time series

From   stef salvez <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: plotting time series
Date   Sat, 2 Jun 2012 17:42:27 +0100

thank you NIck. It worked

Let me explained what I did in order to tell you what I eventually need

The MS excel file is the following

have these sequence of dates in an excel file. The structure of the
excel file is
France              Italy                        ......
22/02/09               14/06/09
 22/03/09       12/7/2009
19/04/09        9/8/2009
17/05/09                6/9/2009
12/7/2009       4/10/2009
 09/08/09        01/11/09
6/9/2009                29/11/09
4/10/2009       27/12/09
 01/11/09       31/01/10
29/11/09              28/02/10
27/12/09              28/03/10
31/01/10

 The I apply the commands

clear
set trace off
set more off
set mem 120m
cd d:\
insheet using "dates0.csv"
gen edate1 = date(v1, "DMY")
gen edate2 = date(v2, "DMY")

format edate1  %
format edate2  %
stripplot edate1 edate2

and I get the desired plot. Yet the problem is that I also want to add
on the top of each of these 2 lines the distance ( measured in days)
between these successive dates for each country.  And mark each
distance with a symbol like { or [. Is is possible to extend the
stripplot command somehow to achieve the desired resuls?
thanks again

 Is it possible to add on the top of each of these 2 lines the
distance ( measured in days) between these successive dates for each
country. I would be grateful to you if you could also mark each
distance with a symbol like { or [. I know it is a big challenge to
you but for me is an impossible task

thanks again