Re: st:A question related to mixlogit package

From   Arne Risa Hole <>
Subject   Re: st:A question related to mixlogit package
Date   Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:58:43 +0100

The message means what it says; variables must vary over
groups/alternatives to be included in the model. This is also true for
the standard conditional logit which can be estimated with -clogit-
and/or -asclogit-. You should always start with these models first
before trying to run a mixed logit – if you can't get -clogit- to run
you can be 100% sure that -mixlogit- won’t either so this is a good
way to discover fundamental problems with your model spec.