RE: st: RE: ivreg2 post-estimation tests

Subject   RE: st: RE: ivreg2 post-estimation tests
Date   Sat, 26 May 2012 23:07:24 +0100

Gordon,

I think the answer is to (i) is "sort of"; the answer to (ii) and (iii) (which are the same thing) is "not really but better than nothing"; and the answer to (iv) is "no".

But maybe there is a simpler solution to your problem.  You should be able to use -gmm- to estimate your IV probit, and allow for within-group correlation by using the cluster-robust VCE.  -estat overid- after estimation with -gmm- would give you a cluster-robust overidentification test statistic.  Estimating the first stage by hand using -regress- with a cluster-robust VCE should (I think) let you test for underidentification in the usual way (but not weak identification - AFAIK, that's not been worked out yet).  And if you've not used -gmm- before, there is a probit example in the -gmm- help file to get you started.

Cheers,
Mark