RE: st: overid not working after ivprobit

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: overid not working after ivprobit
Date   Fri, 18 May 2012 15:20:08 +0100

You don't say what you typed before -overid-, but you triggered this error message

	if "`e(vcetype)'" == "Robust" {
		di in red "Test not valid with robust covariance matrix: use ivreg2"
		exit 198
	}

It's my understanding that the first part means what it says, and the second part just happens to be bad advice in your case.

So, "does not work" is not fair comment, as the limitation is deliberate and also explicit in the help:

"-overid- will not produce a result if either the robust or cluster options are employed in the preceding IV regression."

I don't do this stuff at all -- I am just reading the help and looking at the code -- but the question of a fix is moot until you can explain what the authors of -overid- are missing here.

Benjamin Goy

Sorry mixed it up.  Only overid does not work either:

. overid
Test not valid with robust covariance matrix: use ivreg2
r(198);

However I do not understand why I should use ivreg2 if I am actually running
an ivprobit model.

Any fix to this?

Nick Cox

Some confusion here. -overid- is a user-written command. -estat- is an
official command. I can't see any reason whatsoever why -estat overid-
should be expected to work. That is, -overid- is not a subcommand of
anything.

Using -overid- directly with or without options is the only way to use it.
Please read the help again.

Nick