Re: st: locpoly Stata plugin

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: locpoly Stata plugin
Date   Wed, 16 May 2012 08:35:46 +0100

This is for StataCorp, strictly, but the answer may readily be guessed.

-locpoly-, although written by people then working for StataCorp,
still qualifies as user-written. -findit locpoly- supplies the
references you don't give from the Stata Journal. It was superseded by
the official command -lpoly- and I doubt therefore that there is any
question of an update for -locpoly-. If -locpoly- is now in some sense
broken, I imagine that you are nevertheless referred to -lpoly-.

Whatever was done by a plugin is now almost certain to be written by
StataCorp as Mata code.

Jeff Pitblado at StataCorp, whose email address can be found in recent
postings, is probably the best person to contact if this doesn't
answer your question.

Nick