Re: st: locpoly Stata plugin

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: locpoly Stata plugin
Date   Wed, 16 May 2012 09:48:17 -0400

<>
On May 16, 2012, at 2:33 AM, Richard wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that locpoly will not use the Stata plugin on
> Windows 64bit computers (Stata 12.1)? In that case one, uses the
> "adoonly" option?
>
> If so, could a new compilation of the plugin be added to the locpoly
> package for speedy execution?

As locpoly (from SJ 6-4) predates the development of 64 bit Windows, it surely only provides a 32-bit plugin. But
as the package has an ancillary file containing the relevant C code, you are free to compile your own plugin for
Windows64, Linux, Mac OS X, etc. You just need the stplugin.h code, which should be available from the Stata website.

Kit