st: Actor-partner Interdependence Model data structure

From   Carter Rees <carterrees@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Actor-partner Interdependence Model data structure
Date   Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:25:48 -0700

Hi Statalisters,

I am trying to structure my data as a pairwise data set (see Kenny,
Kashy, Cook (2006) Dyadic Data Analysis) and then run a multilevel
APIM model.

My data set is currently at the individual level as follows:

egoid egodelinq egoattach altid altdelinq altattach
 1113  4 222     8 9
 444    5          1 333     2         7

What I would like it to look like (also individual level):

dyad    person egodelinq altdelinq attachment
1 111 3         8  4
1 222 8         3         9
2 444 5         2         1
2 333 2 5  7

The outcome variable is friendship attachment level. The predictor
variables are ego delinquency and alter (friend) delinquency. Each
individual's outcome score is associated with both his or her own
predictor scores and his or her partner's scores.

Much appreciated,

Carter