RE: [SPAM] st: Spooky: Different Results with Repeated FE Estimation

From   "Jacobs, David" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: [SPAM] st: Spooky: Different Results with Repeated FE Estimation
Date   Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:24:35 +0000

First thing to check is the sampled cases.  If some of your variables contain zeros or negative values they will be excluded if you attempt to log them, so results will differ because the sample differs.

What are your exact "mathematical operations".  We can't help you without knowing exactly what you did.

Dave Jacobs

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Miyu Lee
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [SPAM] st: Spooky: Different Results with Repeated FE Estimation

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone has made a similar experience in the
past: I am running a FE estimation with the SAME data and the SAME model but for some reason I get different results every time I run it.

I do not have any "special" commands in my do file except some basic mathematical operations. Could it be because I also have some log transformations?

It is just really strange to me.

Thanks in advance.

Miyu