st: parse

From   Wincent <>
Subject   st: parse
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:26:21 +0800

Hi all, I have come across a program with these lines

local varlist "req min(2)"
parse "`*'"

Parse is an obsolete command, and I cannot find much reference on it.
Can anyone elaborate a bit on what it does?

Thanks in advance

Wincent Ronggui HUANG
Sociology Department of Fudan University
PhD of City University of Hong Kong