st: read only data?

From   "Eric M. Uslaner" <euslaner@umd.edu>
Subject   st: read only data?
Date   Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:55:10 -0400

Greetings,

I was using a file and created some new variables and wanted to save them.  Hit control+S and got this message:

file c:\wvs\wvsall.dta is read-only; cannot be modified or erased

Well I created this file.  I have overwritten it in the past.  How all of a sudden did I get this message?  I did save the file under a different name, but it seems strange.  Looked for help, found nothing.

Thanks,

Ric