st: creating a custom monthly date

From   Francesco <cariboupad@gmx.fr>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: creating a custom monthly date
Date   Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:56:57 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I have a little problem about the creation a custom date in Stata 12.

Let me specify what I would like to do : I have a panel dataset with
daily observations (which may contains multiple identical dates for
the same id)
I already know how to obtain the relevant month for each daily date,
by typing -gen month=mofd(daily_date).

However, please do not ask me why, I absolutely need to create a
"custom" month variable that starts 2 days before the end of the
previous month (in terms of working days) and ends 3 days before the
start of the next month... I need a way to do that which I can
reproduce accross different datasets, thus obtaining the same custom
dates (for a merging purpose)...

What do you think?
Could you help me ?

Many thanks