Re: st: creating a custom monthly date

From   Francesco <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: creating a custom monthly date
Date   Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:35:16 +0200

Dear Eric,

Your suggestion is really fine, but I still have some problems :

Let me first explain more clearly my decision rule : The daily dates
in my dataset are european trading days, and I need to create a custom
month variable that do not perfectly overlap with the current month.
For example, let us take January 2012, I would like to create a
variable month_special which is "February 2012" starting from January
26th onwards... and will be March 2012 as soon as the daily date is
greater that February 24th (a friday), and so on.... That is: the next
month_special starts exactly 3 business days before the last day of
any given month...

Do you have an idea?
Many thanks, again,

Best,