Re: st: Regression with about 5000 (dummy) variables

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression with about 5000 (dummy) variables
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:06:17 +0200

OK; I did call it a trick, didn't I? :-)

Though, what matters is that the estimator is consistent, and computationally efficient. That is the problem that this estimator can address in high-dimensional fixed-effect data. It takes a second to estimate something that take hours with dummy variables. So I take back the comment on the DFs.

Best,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Faculty of Business and Economics