st: Study design question; MLB; pay and performance.

From   "N. S. Miceli, Ph.D." <micelin01@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, r-help@r-project.org
Subject   st: Study design question; MLB; pay and performance.
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:05:39 -0500

Dear List Members,

I am in the process of designing a study examining pay and performance in Major League Baseball across several seasons, and before I get too deeply into it, I'd like to ask whether the group members think that performance across seasons is independent, or if it needs to be treated like a time-series variable so that lack of independence can be controlled.

Any ideas or considerations that need to be taken into account would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nick Miceli