RE: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test

From   "Hoang Dinh Quoc" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:50:13 +0700

Dear Prof. Antonakis,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

For your suggestion:

hausman one two, sigmamore
What does that give?

The result is below; I guess something went wrong with this result, right?

    b = consistent under Ho and Ha; obtained from regress

        B = inconsistent under Ha, efficient under Ho; obtained from
ivregress

    Test:  Ho:  difference in coefficients not systematic

                  chi2(1) = (b-B)'[(V_b-V_B)^(-1)](b-B)

                          =    -3.33    chi2<0 ==> model fitted on these

                                        data fails to meet the asymptotic

                                        assumptions of the Hausman test;

                                        see suest for a generalized test

Your comment: "ivreg2 y (x = z), endog(x)". I guess you meant option
'orthog' right? Because endog did not work on my Stata; I am using Stata 10.

Below is the result; according to this result, as the P-value (0.0600) is
bigger than 0.5, I guess I can conclude x is not endogenous, right?

Sargan statistic (Lagrange multiplier test of excluded instruments):
3.538
                                                   Chi-sq(1) P-val =
0.0600
-orthog- option:
Sargan statistic (eqn. excluding suspect orthogonality conditions):
0.000
                                                   Chi-sq(0) P-val =
.
C statistic (exogeneity/orthogonality of suspect instruments):
3.538
                                                   Chi-sq(1) P-val =
0.0600

Best,