Re: st: which statistical analysis to use

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: which statistical analysis to use
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:18:05 -0400

Two quick points.

Whether an off-the-shelf approach is available depends on the shelf.
The literature on analysis of ranking data may have one.  I'm sorry
that I don't know, but I have not needed to analyze such data.

The score is only ordinal outcome, not a real quantification.  Beyond
that, the ranking imposes a constraint.  People are often willing to
treat scores as measurements, but one can't finesse the ranking.

David Hoaglin