Re: st: Implementation of Latent Variable Model with SEM Builder

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Implementation of Latent Variable Model with SEM Builder
Date   Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:15:08 +0200

Hi:

You need to do (latent variables are in CAPS in Stata and I am assuming education is categorical):

xi: sem (OBJ_HEALTH->blood chronic limit) (sah<-age i.education OBJ_HEALTH)

If sah is not truly continuous but ordered, then I am afraid you cannot use Stata here (MPlus could do this for you--hope that Stata Corp adds the option to use categorical and ordered dependent variables in sem in the future). Other thing to do would be to create an index of objective health and then to simply estimated it with

oprob sah age i.education index_obj_health

HTH,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Faculty of Business and Economics