st: Hunger Games Survival Analysis (Using Stata)

Subject   st: Hunger Games Survival Analysis (Using Stata)
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:18:56 -0400

"As a student of epidemiology and economics I feel duty-bound to apply my cursory knowledge of statistics to the novel natural cohort presented in the Hunger Games novel, as documented by author Suzanne Collins. I present a Hunger Games survival analysis: in a Cox proportional hazards model, which covariates are associated with the odds (or hazard ratios) being ever in your favor?"

Data set and Stata 11.2 do file are included. If Stata can win over the Hunger Games crowd, SAS & SPSS are finished.

Oh, and congratulations to Nick Cox, for having his tab_chi package mentioned (although the failure to properly cite SSC is a major drawback). And thanks to ND Sociology Grad Student Linda Kawental for passing it along.

Not perfect, but overall it is pretty good. However, I predict the author will be in grad school for at least another 15 or 20 years.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam