st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal

From   "Tiago V. Pereira" <tiago.pereira@mbe.bio.br>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:21:45 -0300 (BRT)

There is absolutely no point in adding manually references from the Stata
Journal to reference manager softwares. I won't do it. People won't do it.
I won't pay a lot of money for Web of Science to cite Stata Journal
either.

If one does not have FREE and FULL access to each reference from that
journal, so that one can quickly import them to reference manager programs
(ENDNOTE, REFERENCE MANAGER, etc.), user-written packages won't get cited.
Period.

The Stata Journal loses. Authors of Stata packages lose. Everything is
summarized in "All statistical analyses were conducted using Stata
(version X, Stata Corp, College Station, Texas, USA)."

Pity.

Tiago