Re: st: Using Median for scatter plot

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Using Median for scatter plot
Date   Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:47:55 +0200

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Oybek wrote:
> I need to make two way scatter plot using continuos variable (hormone levels) and age in stata 12. I have around 2000 observations. Is there a command which allows using median hormone levels (instead of mean) for each age?

*--------- begin example -----------
sysuse nlsw88, clear
bys grade: egen med = median(wage)
by grade : gen byte mark = _n == 1
twoway scatter wage grade || ///
       line med grade if mark, sort
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen