st: filtered display or scalars?

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: filtered display or scalars?
Date   Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:03:17 +0200

Hi Statalisters,

In the last months I frequently used Stata to create XML-Files for Instantatlas geomapping software.

I use scalars to store indicator data and XML-lines. Several (ten-)thousand scalars are needed to create a map.
While programming or debugging I often want to look at certain groups of scalars but "scalar dir" offers the whole list only.

Is there any way to obtain a filtered list (something like - scalar dir city_xy_* -) which only displays scalars with a given string?
I didn't find anything.

Best wishes
Stefan Gawrich