st: Re: Tabulate by number of appearances

From   "Joseph Coveney" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Tabulate by number of appearances
Date   Mon, 2 Apr 2012 12:19:52 +0900

Sandy Y. Zhu wrote:

I'm working with a variable, and I'm trying to see what are the most
frequence values that appeared. I have learned that one could do this
with Stata command Tabulate, but I forgot what extra word I needed to
add in the end.... i rememer the correct formula being Tabulate
variable_name, ____.

Can you tell me what it is? THank you so much!

At the command prompt, type

help tabulate

At the screen that pops up, click on the "tabulate oneway" hyperlink.  On the
help-file screen that pops up, you'll see

"sort   display the table in descending order of frequency"

Joseph Coveney