Re: st: Mlogit with fixed effects

From   Klaus Pforr <>
Subject   Re: st: Mlogit with fixed effects
Date   Sun, 01 Apr 2012 18:13:31 +0200

not yet. I'm working on such an ado ( A first version of this ado will be available in a few weeks.

Klaus Pforr

Am 29.03.2012 17:11, schrieb Nick Cox:
No. -xtlogit- just treats all non-zero values of the response as
equivalent, so at best your multinomial response will get collapsed to
a binary response and at worst it won't fly at all.

If -xtlogit- were -xtmlogit- it would be called that.

Others may have better advice on how best to do what you want.

Vanessa R. Wight [edited]

I am trying to run a mlogit with fixed effects.

Can I run:

xtlogit depvar indepvar, fe i(pid)

if my dependent variable is multinomial with 5 values?

Is there a Stata command for running a multinomial with fixed effects?

I appreciate any help and guidance. Thanks so much,
*   For searches and help try:

Klaus Pforr
Universität Mannheim
D - 68131 Mannheim