st: Creating extra observations within clusters of panel data

From   Peter Grand <grand@ihs.ac.at>
Subject   st: Creating extra observations within clusters of panel data
Date   Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:28:56 +0000

Dear Stata users!

How can I create extra observations within clusters?  E.g. an existing data-set with vote-choices `nested in' voters (i.e. a data set in long format), say 5 choices for each voter. How can I create a 6th vote-choice for each voter? (Could be an observation with only missing values or a copy of an existing choice-alternative).

Thank you very much!

Best,

Peter Grand
grand(at)ihs.ac.at