st: predict(pu0) after clogit

From   Ori Katz <>
Subject   st: predict(pu0) after clogit
Date   Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:55:44 +0200

I am involved in a research project regarding major choice by
university applicants. my data includes ethnic origin of the
applicants, majors, and income per major (not per person). I run a
clogit model for the majors chosen, where the explanatory variables
are: majors income, and interaction between major income and ethnic

What do you think about using "margins, dydx(*) predict(pu0)" in my
case, after the clogit?

In the results table it says "Pr(choice1|fixed effect is 0)", but I
don't understand what does it means by "fixed effect is 0". I don't
have fixed effects in the model, only majors income and interaction
between major income and the ethnic origin of the individuals.

I found others that ask questions about predict(pu0) and it's meaning,
I think that it is not well documented.

Ori Katz