st: merge: replace values with missings

From   "Kaulisch, Marc" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: merge: replace values with missings
Date   Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:48:32 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

If I understand correctly then the options update and replace in merge
do not overwrite values in master-dataset with missings in
Does someone know a work-around to overwrite values in master with
missings from using when merging two datasets?
I know that alternatively I can do this by hand afterwards, but it would
be nicer if I could force merge to do so...because with over 100.000
observations it might no be that every case is detected...