st: CATPLOT to compare

From   Lucie Vlach <[email protected]>
Subject   st: CATPLOT to compare
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:03:01 -0600

Hello all!

This seems like an easy task, but I cannot figure this out.
I need to set up a bar graph sharing the same axis (if possible), showing a comparison of patient gender breakdown (in percent) for one doctor vs. whole clinic (in percent).

Using Nick Cox’s catplot (Cox 2004), I am trying this:
catplot doctor gender, percent(doctor)  blabel(bar)
(doctor is float  %9.0g  and gender is  float  %9.0g)
Stata IC 11.2 ver.

But I cannot seem to be able to add the clinic overall gender percentage side by side with the individual doctor stats. For example, I need MALE showing 48.45% for doc, next to 38.07% for overall clinic and then FEMALE showing the rest respectively.
Do I need to create an additional variable to make this work?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Lucie

This message and any attached documents are only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, retransmission, or other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and then delete the original message. Thank you.