st: RE: Copying Stata code with line numbers

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: Copying Stata code with line numbers
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:12:27 +0000

You could write a short program using -file- to read in each line of the file and write it out again with numeric prefixes.

The idea of fixed lines is one that word processors resist, as I understand it, so I don't think programs fit easily into word processors, even for adding commentary. Actually, I don't think much fits easily into word processors, but set that aside.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Charles Vellutini

Would anyone know how to copy the content of an do-file (from Stata's standard do-file editor) and paste it in a word processor *with the line numbers*?

We use Stata 12.1 on a Windows system.