Re: st: RE: Copying Stata code with line numbers

Subject   Re: st: RE: Copying Stata code with line numbers
Date   Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:52:09 -0500

Hello,

Nick, the syntax highlighting would be lost in the process.

Charles, please, clarify whether the text of the program or the
decoration is of more importance. If you want to retain
coloring/highlighting, I guess you can only ask StataCorp to add this
feature since to the best of my knowledge there is none so far.
Alternatively you may want to play around and install something like
HTML-printer-driver (printer driver that prints to HTML files). There
were a multitude of those ~ 10 years ago, then open them in the word
processor. Not sure how successful would that be (xps produces a ton
of output from a 5 line test text). Then again you get a
platform-dependent solution and all that complexity.

Regardless of the line numbers, being able to copy WITH SYNTAX
HIGHLIGHTING (in RTF perhaps) is a very desirable feature, at least
from my point of view.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin