Re: st: Laspeyres index

From   Partho Sarkar <>
Subject   Re: st: Laspeyres index
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:56:36 +0530

Hello  Tomáš,

I am glad the links helped.  The statalist archives are indeed
invaluable!  If you haven't seen it yet, you might find this FAQ
useful too

[In all these problems, the key is the total(X==x1) device, which can
be utilized to generate various variables related to one particular
date or value of a given variable ]

Thanks for the tips about plotting- will explore these.  I work with
panel data (declared as such), so things are easier to handle with
usual graph commands.  By the way, if you want to be able to automate
generating reports including graphs, you will find the -rtfutil-
package (
also -findit rtfutil-) very useful (though you will have to spend some
time deciphering the rtf related code for customising your report!)