Re: st: Censored Least Absolute Deviation and Probit

From   Reshmi Sengupta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Censored Least Absolute Deviation and Probit
Date   Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:29:05 -0600

Dear Cameron,

Thank you so much for your help and guidance. I sincerely appreciate.
Just for a final confirmation..... so if I have comprehended your
answers correctly then

(A) you believe that theoretically there is no problem in estimating a
non-parametric CLAD and a parametric Probit, simultaneously. Am I
correct?

(B) If that is the case then what shall be my assumption about the
distribution of the errors in the two models (i.e., e1 and e2)? Can I
assume that the errors are bivariate normally distributed?

Also about -cmp-:
-------------------------
 I think -cmp- is for recursive models and cannot fit models with
simultaneous causation (as is my case). Also it is based on normality
assumption (since, -cmp- is a ML estimator), therefore, would not be
appropriate in my case. Please correct me if I am wrong. Nevertheless,
I will explore more on it and will also try to contact the author for
more information.

I have few more questions, it would be very helpful if you could
provide me with your valued guidance:

(1) Can you give me any insight on the Box-Cox Tobit or the Box-Cox
Double Hurdle estimation: In Box-Cox Tobit estimation (or, Box-Cox
Double Hurdle), can I simple transform my dependent variable using the
Box-Cox transformation and then use simple -tobit- (or, -craggit-)
command for estimation? Can that take into account the change in the
likelihood function of the Tobit model (or, the Hurdle model) that is
occurring due to the Box-Cox transformation?

(2) Do you know of any STATA command for any semi-parametric methods
for binary response model (e.g., Klein and Spady's Single Index
Model). Please let me know.

Please help.

Regards,

Reshmi