Re: st: Censored Least Absolute Deviation and Probit

From   Reshmi Sengupta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Censored Least Absolute Deviation and Probit
Date   Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:29:14 -0600

Hello Cameron,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, I want to relax the
distributional assumptions in estimating my Eq( 2 ) (the censored
Tobit type model), because, I have non-normality in errors (which I
checked using -tobcm- in STATA after a tobit estimation), and
therefore, I was contemplating of using CLAD.

However, I do not know the code for any other semi or non-parametric
estimation for the binary response model that can estimate Eq(1),
except for Manski's Maximum Score estimator. But because of large N
(around 13000 observations), I cannot use this estimation, and instead
trying to estimate it using a Probit ML (normality of errors is
satisfied using Probit ML).

Since, CLAD satisfies asymptotic normality of the distribution of the
error term, so I was wondering whether estimating the equations using
CLAD and Probit simultaneously, would be a reasonable and
statistically correct choice.

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,